Monday, April 8, 2013
Storms could move in as early as Thursday.
It's T-shirt weather in the Baltimore area for the next few days. Temperatures could get up as high as 82 in Pikesville on Wednesday, according to a National Weather Service forecast. Things are expected to cool down starting Thursday, as a system rolls in bringing a 40 percent chance of thunderstorms. Rain chances rise to 60 percent Thursday night and into Friday.
Monday, March 25, 2013
Check out this week's forecast for Pikesville, courtesy the National Weather Service.
If you like what the Baltimore area woke up to Monday morning, there may be more of it coming. There's a chance for rain or snow tonight and a slight chance on Tuesday, according to the National Weather Service, though temperatures are expected to get well above freezing. As for the rest of the week, no precipitation is expected after Tuesday, according to the NWS. Highs will stay in the 40s, then get up into the low 50s by Friday, and into the mid 50s for the weekend. Baltimore County schools were closed Monday. Stay with Patch for word on the latest closures.
Thursday, February 21, 2013
The National Weather Service reports that the wintry mix is slated to begin after noon.
Those planning to leave the office for lunch may want to stay indoors Friday. The National Weather Service predicts that rain and sleet are likely to start after noon. Snow and sleet accumulation are anticipated to be less than half an inch, with temperatures near 39, according to the weather agency. The rain and snow are expected to return after midnight, and a precipitation amount of less than a tenth of an inch is possible.
Friday, February 15, 2013
Rain and show showers are expected to start early Saturday morning.
Following a mild Friday, the National Weather Service has issued a hazardous weather outlook for the Baltimore metro area. Rain and snow are likely after 1 a.m. Saturday, the weather agency predicts. The overnight snow accumulation is expected to be less than half an inch, with temperatures around 38 degrees. Snow and rain are forecasted to continue intermittently throughout the day on Saturday, with temperatures near 43 degrees and an additional less than half inch of snow accumulation. The weather agency also anticipates snow between midnight and 2 a.m. Sunday, with a low around 32. Another bout of snow is possible between 8 a.m. and 2 p.m. Temperatures are expected to drop down to a brisk 25 degrees Sunday night, with a slight chance of…
Monday, February 4, 2013
The first bout of snow is expected to strike late Monday afternoon.
Motorists should exercise caution and plan for extra travel time as snow is expected to hit the Baltimore metro area late Monday afternoon. The National Weather Service predicts a chance of snow showers, starting after 4 p.m., although daytime snow accumulation is anticipated to be less than half an inch. Snow is likely to start up again before 1 a.m. Tuesday, adding approximately another inch of snow, according to the weather site. Temperatures are expected fluctuate between a high near 33 and a low near 29. On Tuesday, the forecast calls for a chance of rain and snow showers after noon and additional snow showers after midnight Wednesday. Temperatures are estimated to range from a high near 40 and a low around 33. After a two day …
Wednesday, January 30, 2013
The tornado watch & flood advisories cover much of Maryland Wednesday night into Thursday.
(Update 8:00 p.m.)—The National Weather Service has issued a tornado watch for 10 Maryland counties. Anne Arundel, Baltimore, Howard, Montgomery, Prince George's, Carroll, Harford Calvert, Charles and St. Mary's counties were listed on the weather site's alert. The watch is in effect until 2 a.m. Thursday. Harford, Carroll, Howard, Northern Baltimore, Montgomery and Anne Arundel counties, and South Baltimore are under flood advisories until 4 a.m. Thursday, according to the National Weather Service. A severe thunderstorm warning is also in effect until 8:30 p.m. Wednesday for Baltimore City, and Howard, Anne Arundel, Baltimore, Montgomery and Prince George's counties. Approximately two inches of rainfall is expected tonight—much of it …
The first bout of snow may come early Friday morning.
(UPDATE) 2:17 p.m.—Stormy weather is in the forecast over the next few days in the Baltimore metro. Heavy rain is expected with a thunderstorm possible Wednesday night, according to the National Weather Service. A coastal flood advisory has been issued for Harford County from 4 p.m. Wednesday until 4 a.m. Thursday. In a news release, Baltimore Gas & Electric warned residents to prepare for possible power outages. A Maryland State High Administration statement advised motorists to exercise caution when traveling. Additionally, there is a chance of snow starting after 1 a.m. Friday, with a low temperature of 32 degrees expected in the Baltimore metro area, according to the National Weather Service. Snow showers may continue until noon. After…
Friday, January 25, 2013
A total of about 2.5 inches of snow is expected to accumulate through 10 p.m. Friday, according to the National Weather Service. Add your snow photos!
A few inches of snow are still on the way for Pikesville. It began falling at about 2:30 p.m. and, according to the National Weather Service's Pikesville forecast, a total of up to 2.5 inches is expected to fall tonight. Most—up to 2 inches—will fall during the daylight hours, but snowfall could continue through about 10 p.m., the forecast states. Do you have kids, pets or friends who enjoy playing in the snow? Take some photos, and post them to this article. I can feature them throughout the weekend. The high Friday was 24 degrees, and a low of 18 degrees is expected Friday night. Saturday will be a bit warmer, with a high of 30 degrees, and a low of 16 degrees. There's no more snow or precipitation in the weekend forecast. On Sunday, the…
Wednesday, December 26, 2012
It's snowing this morning, but rain could take over after 1 p.m., according to the National Weather Service.
Snow has been coming down quickly Wednesday morning in Pikesville, but that could change in the afternoon, when rain is expected from 1 p.m. through early Thursday. A winter weather advisory and hazardous weather outlooks are in effect until 1 p.m. The National Weather Service forecast for the Pikesville area calls for 1/2 inch of precipitation today, and up to 3/4 inch more tonight. High today could be about 38 degrees, with a low of 36 degrees, it states. Rain is expected through 9 a.m. Thursday, but after that it will be sunny and windy, including gusts up to 40 mph, the forecast states. The high Thursday could be near 40 degrees, with a low of about 28 degrees. Snowfall could occur again Saturday morning and night, with rain possible …
Wednesday, November 7, 2012
The State Highway Administration warns travelers to plan for a long afternoon commute.
Although it's only early November, locals may soon feel the first bite of winter. The National Weather Service has issued a winter weather advisory predicting one to two inches of snow across most of the Baltimore metro region, although northern Baltimore and northern Harford counties may see two to four inches. The advisory is in effect from 2 p.m. Wednesday to 6 a.m. Thursday. The steadiest precipitation—snow mixed with rain at times—is expected to occur through the afternoon and evening hours. Temperatures will be in the lower to mid 30s, according to the National Weather Service. The Maryland State Highway Administration is also monitoring the storm and advises commuters to plan for a longer trip during peak travel times. According to …