The Day School at Baltimore Hebrew
The Day School at Baltimore Hebrew is a progressive Pre-K – 8th Grade Jewish community school that features a diverse student body. It aims to provide challenging academics in a warm, loving environment. The school strives to help each student become well-rounded, confident individuals who love to learn. It offers STEM (science, technology, engineering and math), athletic and fine arts programs and provides each student with the time and attention needed to succeed.
The school integrates Jewish studies with a secular curriculum, providing students with a foundation in Jewish values, religion and language, which are taught from a pluralistic perspective. All are welcome at The Day School at Baltimore Hebrew, including secular to orthodox families, non-Jewish families and interfaith families. Class sizes range from 7 – 14 students each. Students are taught both inside and outside the classroom. Students visit art museums, explore nature, attend performances and visit historical sites.
- Handicap Accessible: Handicapped parking spaces, as well as ramps, are available.
- Founding Date: 1991
- Number of students: 50
- Public/Private: Private
- Religious affiliation: Jewish - Reform/ Pluralistic -- Welcomes all.
- Accreditation/licenses: The Day School is accredited by the Association of Independent Maryland Schools
- Parking: Free lot
- How engaged is the school with the community?: The Day School participates in a variety of community events both within and outside of the Jewish community. The Day School students compete in athletics with other schools in the community.
- Montessori: No
- Grade levels: Pre-K - 8th Grade
- Special education: No
- Features: Auditorium/stage, Cafeteria, Computer lab, Infirmary, Library, Science lab, Sports facilities
- Extracurricular activities available: Basketball, soccer, track, chess, robotics, PE maxed out, choir, walking group, etc. (programs offered depend upon student/parent interest).
- Boarding: No