Pikesville High School
There are 22 Advanced Placement courses offered for juniors and seniors. The student body represents the racial diversity of the county itself. The sports team, the Panthers, has PSAT and SAT scores exceeding the state and national averages and students can take college-bound curriculum, including areas of specialized learning. Freshmen can take standard, gifted or honors classes.
- Fax: 410-486-8436
- Hours: Late bell is at 7:40 a.m. First module begins at 7:45 a.m. The last module ends at 2:15 p.m.
- Handicap Accessible: Handicapped parking spaces, and a slight incline leading to the sidewalk.
- Founding Date: The facility opened in 1964.
- Number of students: 925
- Public/Private: Public
- Number of faculty: There are 64 classroom teachers.
- What makes this community special?: "We have teriffic schools all over Baltimore County. In Pikesville, they value a quality education, and that shows in quality schools," said Charles Herndon, spokesman for Baltimore County Schools.
- Grade levels: 9-12
- Special education: Yes
- Uniforms: No
- Extracurricular activities available: There are 40 after-school clubs, and all sports that the county allows.
- Student clubs: Forty clubs, including Forensics, Honor Society, Student Council and Mock Trial.
- Sports teams: Sports include baseball, softball, cross country, indoor track, basketball, field hockey, football, golf, lacrosse, soccer, tennis, volleyball and wrestling.