Start your Saturday adventures early with a Pikesville Wine Crawl.
Think there aren't enough local wine tastings to make an evening of it? Check out this list, and think again.
Start off Saturday at The Wine Loft, located in the , where continues.
The store, next to , at 1809 Reisterstown Road, prides itself on selling inexpensive, yet quality products made by earth-friendly vintners.
From 1-6 p.m. Saturday, is offering samples of these reds and whites grown locally:
- Black Ankles' Rolling Hills, a red blend
- Basignani Marisa, a red, semi-sweet wine
- Basignani Vidal, a white wine whose grape is developed especially for growing in Maryland.
After The Wine Loft, head about a mile north on Route 140/Reisterstown Road, to DiWine Spirits Wine Shoppe in the Woodholme Square shopping center, 1852 Reisterstown Road.
From 1-6 p.m., is opening five wines:
- 2011 Conde Vinho Verde Rosé Villar from Portugal - Minho
- 2010 21 Blitz Sauvignon Blanc
- 2009 Steltzner Claret, Napa Valley CA
- 2009 Petite Sirah, from the hills of Paso Robles
- 2007 Four Vines Syrah from Santa Barbara County, CA
After DiWine, have your designated driver go south on Reisterstown Road to where, in honor of Fathers Day, the shop is holding a Flying Dog Brewery beer tasting instead of its regular wine tasting.
"For Fathers Day they want a six-pack of beer, and they want to be left alone," said shop co-owner Krishna Patel, laughing at the truth of that statement.
From 2-5 p.m. at , 1429 Reisterstown Road, you can try seven craft beers by the Frederick brewery, including its newest: El Dorado.
If you've hit all the spots mentioned above, by now, you probably would have picked up a bottle of wine or a six-pack for yourself, or as Dad's gift for Fathers Day. If not, there's still one more stop: Quarry Wine & Spirits in The Shops at Quarry Lake.
From 2-6 p.m. is offering tastes of wines from France.
If you need plans for the rest of the evening, stick around the shops to have dinner at one of the restaurants, all within walking distance:
- Fresh Market—At the deli, you can get a panini or deli dinner, then take it over to a bench by the lake.
Finally, catch , 921 Reisterstown Rd.
The band Saturday is The Vagabonds, playing rock favorites from bands such as Stevie Wonder, The Crows, Bush and Foo Fighters.
The cover charge is between $5-$10.