Baltimore County Public Schools Superintendent S. Dallas Dance has named Olivia Adams as a member of his Student Advisory Board for the 2012-13 school year.
The Pikesville High School student will serve as a student member to the Board of Education Baltimore County.
Adams is among the 10 students chosen for the board, according to a news release from the superintendent's office.
Other students chosen are:
- Adam Antoszewski, Catonsville High
- Brittany Deise, Dulaney High
- Breana Echols, Towson High (President, Baltimore County Student Councils)
- Ebe Inegbenebor, New Town High (Student member, Maryland State Board of Education)
- Jeannette Maisano-Brown, Loch Raven High
- Destiny Miller, Woodlawn High
- Brady Orem, Franklin High
- Connor Porter, Perry Hall High
- Claudia Tonti, Kenwood High
“Hearing the voices of students is vital to my effectiveness as superintendent,” Dance said in a statement. “In addition to speaking with students at events and in their classrooms, meeting with this cross-section of students throughout the year will foster open communication and provide me with additional insights into the needs, concerns, and interests of students across the county.”
The group’s first meeting will be Oct. 15.