Staff, schools and students were recognized by the nonprofit educational association, which supports magnet and theme-based schools and programming.
At the awards ceremony held in Hartford, CT, the following awards were announced, according to Baltimore County Public Schools:
- 2014 Magnet School of Excellence: Cromwell Valley Elementary Regional Magnet School of Technology
- 2014 Magnet School of Excellence: Lutherville Laboratory for Science, Mathematics and Communications
- 2014 Magnet School of Distinction: Halstead Academy of Science and the Arts
- 2014 Magnet School of Distinction: Patapsco High School and Center for the Arts
- 2014 Region II Principal of the Year: Jennifer Mullenax of Halstead Academy
- 2014 Region II Teacher of the Year: Deidre Austen of Lutherville Laboratory
- National Magnet Schools Month Poster Contest Winner, Middle School: Isabella Lytle of Sudbrook Magnet Middle School
Baltimore County Public Schools has 28 elementary, middle and high school locations offering more than 60 magnet programs.
Applications for the 2015-2016 school year will be available in late August 2014. Visit the Office of Magnet Programs’ website for more information.