.

Two Suffer Smoke Inhalation in Randallstown House Fire

A man and a woman, occupants of 3609 Cliffmar Road, suffered from smoke inhalation, according to the Baltimore County Fire Department.

When firefighters came to 3609 Cliffmar Road Friday morning, they found a man and woman outside, on the ground and suffering from smoke inhalation.

Behind them, "heavy smoke (was) showing" from the two-story home, according to Acting Batallion Chief Jennifer Utz of the Baltimore County Fire Department.

They were taken to Northwest Hospital with non-life threatening injuries, she said at the scene.

The Randallstown Station of the department was first to arrive and had been dispatched at 8:14 a.m., Utz said.

"Crews were able to contain the fire to the area of origin ... on the first floor,"  by 8:47 a.m., she said. The fire had extended into the second floor and to the roof.

At first, there were reports of people trapped inside, Utz said, but that turned out to be false.

She did not have a monetary estimate of damage, but said there was "significant damage" to the first and second floors, as well as to the roof.

The Police Fire Investigation Division is investigating, Utz said.

Boards

More »
Got a question? Something on your mind? Talk to your community, directly.
Note Article
Just a short thought to get the word out quickly about anything in your neighborhood.
Share something with your neighbors.What's on your mind?What's on your mind?Make an announcement, speak your mind, or sell somethingPost something
See more »