Is your golf game on fire? Or are you just plain fired up about golf?
The Pikesville Volunteer Fire Company needs your help to make its second annual fundraising tournament a success.
It's set for Monday, July 16, at the Suburban Club, 7600 Park Heights Ave., Pikesville, and the group needs golfers and sponsors.
The deadline to register to golf is June 1, according to a news release from the fire company.
The first fundraiser in 2011 helped the fire company maintain its status as one of the busiest career or volunteer fire stations in Baltimore County, the release states.
The volunteers responded to nearly 3,700 emergency calls that year. That's 1,808 on the fire suppression side and 1,891 on the medical side, the release states.
"The company relies on community financial support throughout the year," the release states.
Also according to the release:
- Registration for the tournament starts at 7 a.m.
- Shotgun start is at 8 a.m.
- Registration fees of $125/individual or $500/foursome include 18 holes of golf, cart fees, breakfast, lunch and refreshments throughout the day
- A golfer who makes a hole-in-one on a specific hole will win $25,000
- Other valuable prizes will be awarded, including: Long Drive, Par 3 Closest to the Pin, and the three Top Foursomes
- Golfers will also be eligible for a variety of door prizes and giveaways
The PVFC is looking for tournament sponsors. Sponsorships are, according to the release:
- 4th Alarm “Title” Sponsorship—$5,000. It includes a special recognition banner at entrance to the club, signage on all golf carts, two tee sponsorships, and one foursome
- 3rd Alarm “Major” Sponsorship—$1,750. This sponsorship includes a banner at entrance to the club, one tee sponsorship, and one foursome
- 2nd Alarm “Refreshments” Sponsorship—$1,000. It includes a banner at breakfast, lunch and the on-course grill and one tee sponsorship
- 1st Alarm “Tee” Sponsorship—$250, which includes one tee sponsorship
For registration and sponsorship information, visit the PVFC website or call the firehouse at 410-486-9834, and ask for Lt. Justin Schumer.
Questions can also be emailed to Schumer at Justin.Schumer@sprint.com. Donations of any amount are also accepted.