.

Flash Fire Overtakes Seven Mile Lane Home

Occupants were laying flooring with flammable glue when a flame ignited it, a fire official said at the scene.

A fire fueled flammable glue caused nearly $75,000 damage to an upper Park Heights home Sunday morning.

No one was injured, according to Lt. Edmund Schwartz, Jr. of the Baltimore County Fire Department's Station No. 2 in Pikesville.

The Pikesville Volunteer Fire Company and Station 2 were called to the home in the 7500 Seven Mile Lane in Pikesville, near Suburban Orthodox Congregation at 11:20 a.m.

"The occupants were putting in new flooring in the kitchen with flammable glue," Schwartz said.

When firefighters arrived, they saw a lit candle on a table in the front room, he said.

Schwartz said the "candle or pilot light" ignited a flash fire.

There was smoke damage throughout the house, fire damage in two rooms and water damage to the basement, Schwartz said.

The family who lives there is being taken care of by neighbors, Schwartz said.

Vito Simone September 24, 2012 at 02:16 PM
There many things to be careful about when doing your own home improvements. If you need an "Owner-Rep" or renovation consultant feel free to contact me in Maryland or check out my Blog at: http://TodaysHomeRenovations.com
Janet Metzner September 24, 2012 at 05:42 PM
Thanks, Vito: What kind of preparations—other than not having a lit candle in the house with flammable chemicals—could you or another renovation consultant have offered? I've never heard of renovation consultants. How do you find them?

Boards

More »
Got a question? Something on your mind? Talk to your community, directly.
Note Article
Just a short thought to get the word out quickly about anything in your neighborhood.
Share something with your neighbors.What's on your mind?What's on your mind?Make an announcement, speak your mind, or sell somethingPost something
See more »