Passover begins at sundown next Monday, and there are Passover Seders, events and services to help observe the holiday in Pikesville, Baltimore and Owings Mills.
takes place at 12:30 p.m. Wednesday at the . For kids up to 5 years old, there will be songs and other activities, plus a fun craft. It's free, and an exciting way to teach your child more about Passover.
If your kids are a bit older, look no further than the at the . People of all ages will enjoy this tasty way of celebrating Passover. It will be held from 6:15-7:15 p.m. April 14. Members pay $18 to get in, while non-members pay $25.
Join the Chabad of Owings Mills for a communal "burning of the chametz" at the at 11 a.m. April 18.
Also that same evening, The Chabad House at 3701 N. Charles St., in Baltimore, is having a at 8:15 p.m. All are welcome to attend. The Exodus will be "relived," and the Haggadah's meaning will be discussed. Adult tickets are $30, and children's tickets are $12.
At the , there's a from 6-9 p.m. on April 19. Open to the public, this seder includes dinner and dessert. Make your reservation in advance.
If you want to stick a bit closer to home, head over to in Pikesville at 6 p.m. April 19. You can join the congregation observing Passover during this traditional . Reservations are requested, so get yours soon.
Tickets are $28 for adult members; $20 for child members from ages 6-14, and $10 for child members ages 5 and younger. If you're not a member, tickets are $55 for adults and $35 for a child.
Beth El services
in Pikesville lists morning and evening services throughout Passover:
- Monday, April 18 (Erev Pesach, First Seder)—Fast of the First Born Service, 7:45 a.m.; evening service, 6 p.m.
- April 19 (Passover, Day 1, Second Seder)—morning service, 10 a.m.; evening service, 6 p.m. First day of the Counting of the Omer
- April 20 (Passover, Day 2)—Morning service, 10 a.m.; evening service, 7:30 p.m.
- April 21 (Hol Hamoed)—Morning service, 7:45 a.m.; evening service, 7:30 p.m.
- April 22 (Hol Hamoed)—Morning service, 7:45 a.m.; evening service, 6 p.m.
- April 23 (Shabbat, Hol Hamoed)—Morning service, 10 a.m.; evening service, 7:45 p.m.
- April 24 (Erev Yom Tov, Hol Hamoed)—Morning service, 9:15 a.m.; evening service, 6 p.m.
- April 25 (Passover, Day 7)—Morning service, 10 a.m.; evening service, 6 p.m.
- April 26 (Passover, Day 8, Yiskor)—Morning service, 10 a.m.; evening service, 7:30 p.m.
Here are some places to shop in Pikesville for your own Passover Seder: