Get a break on sales tax this weekend on some appliances sold throughout the state.
Saturday through Monday is Maryland's Tax Free Weekend for Energy Star appliances, according to the state comptroller's website.
The following products are eligible for the discount:
- Air conditioners
- Clothes washers
- Heat pumps
- Solar water heaters (tax-exempt at all times now)
- Standard size refrigerators
- Programmable thermostats
- Compact fluorescent light bulbs
The offer begins at 12:01 a.m. on Saturday, and runs through midnight Monday, the website states.
For more information, call the Taxpayer Service Section at 410-260-7980 in Central Maryland, or toll-free 1-800-638-2937.
Some Pikesville stores that sell some Energy Star appliances include:
- Appliance Land, 1514 Reisterstown Rd, 410-580-0595
- Cummins Appliance, 1708 Reisterstown Rd 410-484-1333, 800-214-0323
- some appliances at Target, 1737 Reisterstown Rd, 410-486-4141
In the Pikesville area:
- Home Depot at Reisterstown Road Plaza also sells some Energy Star products.
- Walmart, 8730 Liberty Rd., 443-576-3132
- Home Depot, 6000 Baltimore National Pike, 410-719-9200
For more ways to save energy, including energy-saving programs, visit Baltimore Gas & Electric's website.