Hurricane Sandy could bring winds and rain to the Pikesville area, as well as power outtages.
Prepare for what has been dubbed "Frankenstorm" by getting dry ice to preserve frozen items you might need to save.
Following are stores that offer dry ice, as of 2 p.m. Friday:
- Harris Teeter. 410-528-8484. McHenry Row, Baltimore. Hours are 6 a.m. to midnight Monday through Sunday.
- Capital Carbonic. 410-566-0853. 404 South Caton Ave., Baltimore, MD 21229
- AAA Ice. 410-426-1204. 6100 Belair Rd., Baltimore, MD 21206. Hours: Open until 8 p.m. Friday. 9 a.m. to 6 p.m. Saturday, and 9 a.m. to 3 p.m. Sunday.
- Airgas East. 410-768-4447. 7504 Connelly Drive, Hanover, MD 21076. Hours: 8-4 Friday, 8-noon Saturday. Closed Sunday. The store is running low, and might run out by the end of day Friday, according to a clerk who answered the phone. However, they may be getting another load. But call ahead.
Do you know of other places that sell dry ice? Include them in the comments section, below this article.
Read more from Patch about the storm:
- State Police Urge Residents To Not Drive During Storm
- O'Malley Declares State of Emergency in Maryland for Hurricane Sandy
- UPDATE: Storm Could Affect Early Voting That Begins Saturday
- County Officials Stress Preparation Ahead of 'Frankenstorm'
- Natural Resources Police Caution Boaters Ahead of Hurricane Sandy
- Your 'Frankenstorm' Dashboard: Track Hurricane Sandy