Here's a list of events going on in Pikesville, or in the city.
We also have in our area, in case you need some transportation that night.
1. Dinner and New Year's Eve Celebration. Make dinner reservations, and attend a party in the Crystal Room, including DJ, dancing and champagne toast.
When: Dinner reservations begin at 4 p.m. in the restaurant. However, to also attend the party, make reservations beginning at about 7 p.m. in the Crystal Room where the party begins at 9 p.m. and ends at 1 a.m. Ruth's Chris is closed on Sunday.
Cost: Menu priced.
Where: Ruth's Chris Steakhouse, 1777 Reisterstown Road, Pikesville
Info: Reservations required, call 410-837-0033.
2. at . During this celebration, Senior Pastor Dr. Kenneth Robinson II will discuss "It's Time for Things to Turn Around."
When: Beginning at 9:30 p.m. Saturday to midnight.
Where: 401 Reisterstown Road, Pikesville.
3. . During this daytime event for kids and their families, there will be bands playing, confetti cannons exploding, and an improv group will perform sketches, songs and fairy tales.
When: 10 a.m. to 2 p.m. Saturday
Where: Maryland Science Center, 601 Light St., Baltimore.
For info: 410-685-5225
4. New Year's Eve Party at Talara. Pikesville's Georgia Boy Dance group is attending. Georgia Boy Dance group often meets for lessons at Circle of Friends, 1777 7-Mile Lane in Pikesville. But for New Year's Eve, they're taking the celebration to the party at Talara Restaurant in Baltimore.
When: 4-10 p.m. special, five-course tasting menu for $70 per person; 9:30 p.m. free, beginner's salsa lesson by instructors from Georgia Boy Dance; 10 p.m. to closing time, free, open dancing and Talara's happy hour menu is available; midnight champagne toast and complementary party favors.
Where: Talara, 615 S. President St., Baltimore. It's at the Hilton Garden Inn.
Info: Talara, 410-528-9883, or visit www.talarabaltimore.com. For info on Georgia Boy Dance, email email@example.com.
5. . Jilly's is extending its hours from Saturday night until 1 a.m. Sunday, said owner Scott Reich. There will be New Year's Eve drinks and dinner specials on Saturday. Then, on Sunday, Jilly's will be showing NFL games on its TVs.
When: 11 a.m. Saturday to 1 a.m. Sunday; 11 a.m. to 10 p.m. Sunday
Where: 1012 Reisterstown Road, Pikesville
Info: 410-653-0610, or visit Jilly's Pikesville website
Editor's Note: Are you a business owner or group coordinator who plans a New Year's Eve or New Year's Day celebration? Let me know and I'll add it to the list: firstname.lastname@example.org.