By: Lindsay Gaister
What could be better than spending the High Holidays with inspirational rabbis, a choice of three services, babysitting for your kids, children's and teen's services … all at the largest Modern Orthodox synagogue in North America?
is offering free High Holiday tickets to new and existing synagogue members, ages 25-35, and their children. Beth Tfiloh gives its members a place to belong—a true home away from home, where individual families join together as one to celebrate and observe a legacy of tradition on Shabbat and holidays that has spanned thousands of years. In addition to weekly Shabbat and holiday services held for adults, Beth Tfiloh also offers a variety of service options for families.
“Beth Tfiloh does an amazing job of engaging the Lower School children in Davening (prayer) and the Jewish holidays through games, songs, jokes, and storytelling,” said parent Nonny Kelly. “My son, Yoni (age 6), can’t wait for synagogue and hurries us along on Shabbat mornings and holidays to ensure that he is not late,” she continues. “For my husband and me, it’s such a pleasure to know that he is learning about our Jewish traditions in a safe environment that encourages him to thrive and grow as a person and as a Jew.”
Each week, the hallways of the synagogue are full of laughter, joy, and song as Beth Tfiloh leaders passionately involve children in the mitzvot and rituals of Shabbat, instilling in them a strong Jewish foundation and identity.
During holidays, the energy is even higher. Rosh Hashana and Yom Kippur, especially, give children the opportunity to learn about what being Jewish really means—in both fun and educational ways.
This year’s High Holiday children’s services and babysitting options are sure to be the best ones yet. All services will include interactive Davening, stories, projects, snacks, and fun. These feature special surprises, like last year’s betta fish, which are given to every preschool family and are sure to put a smile on your child’s face!
• PreSchool Family Service: Led by and Rabbi Chai Posner along with Mrs. Becky Gordon, featuring her puppet “friends”
• Four Year Olds & Gan Aleph Service: Led by Mrs. Marci Globerman
• Kindergarten & First Grade Service: Led by Mrs. Marci Globerman and Ms. Rosi Sommer
• Grades 2-3 Service: Led by Mr. Brian Singer
• Grades 4, 5, & 6 Service: Led by Rabbi Yitzchak Jaffe and Eli Creeger (’03)
• Grades 7-12 Service: Led by Mr. Stan Lustman, Chanaan Weissman (’03), and Mr. Donni Engelhart
In addition to receiving free High Holiday tickets, new Beth Tfiloh members will also be able to enjoy:
• Babysitting, children’s, and teen’s services year-round
• Shabbat programming for the entire family
• Member discounts for Beth Tfiloh Dahan Community School and Camp
• Eligibility for BT’s Bar/Bat Mitzvah program
• Access to inspirational Beth Tfiloh clergy for life-cycle events
• Reduced rates for facility rentals
• Reduced rates for Mercaz (adult learning) classes
For more information on becoming a member of Beth Tfiloh Congregation, visit bethtfiloh.org/membership, or contact the Executive Director, Eve Kresin Steinberg, at 410-413-2251 or email@example.com.