Summer vacation is nearly over and school starts soon. So what? There's still plenty of summer fun left. Here are a few activities this week to get you going:
1. Let the kids play. Bring them to to play on the moon bounce or playground to do a Tzedakah project. And you can get them a slice of pizza for $2 at . The fun for ages 2-8 will be held 6-7:30 pm Thursday at the congregation, 8101 Park Heights Ave., Pikesville. Call 410-602-2245 or e-mail email@example.com for more information.
2. Dress up as a prince or princess, and hear about 'Once upon a time ... .' at the Pikesville Branch Library is for kids ages 2-5 who are accompanied by an adult. The princes and princesses will hear stories about Cinderella and about fairy godmothers throughout the world. The event will be held at 10:30 am Friday at the , 1301 Reisterstown Road, Pikesville. For more info, call 410-887-1234 or visit the Pikesville Branch Library calendar of events for more information.
3. Enjoy stargazing. The Maryland Science Center Observatory, 601 Light St., Baltimore, gives you and your kids free access to view the moon, planets and stars, 5:30-9 pm Friday. Other dates are Aug. 20 and 27. Call 410-545-2999 after 5 pm Friday to confirm that the observatory is open. Visit the observatory website for more info. It's an outdoor activity, so dress for the weather.
4. Hunt for bugs. Children ages 4 and older can help hunt for ladybugs from 2-3:30 pm Aug. 13 at Irvine Nature Center, 11201 Garrison Forest Road, Owings Mills. It seems ladybugs are in short supply and information gleaned from briefly capturing and photographing them may help scientists to understand the shortage, according to the nature center website. The event is free for members or $10 each for nonmembers. For more info, call 443-738-9224.
5. Play board games and cards. Visit the Woodlawn Branch Library at 2 pm Saturday to see how games were played before electronics took over. Children of all ages can participate, but children under 8 years old must be accompanied by an adult. For info, call 410-887-1336 or visit the Woodlawn Branch Library website. The library is located at 1811 Woodlawn Drive, Woodlawn.