Double Homicide, Fields Closes, Walmart Opens: Top Stories of 2012
We've rounded up the top stories of 2012, including the arrivals of Corner Bakery Cafe, Illiano's and Dougie's, an indecent exposure incident and more.
Following are the most-read stories of 2012 on Pikesville Patch:
Businesses in Pikesville and Randallstown, including the closing of Fields of Pikesville were important to readers.
- Fields of Pikesville To Close After 120 Years
- PHOTOS: Walmart Super Center Is Developing in Randallstown
- New $10M Walmart Super Center to Bring More than 450 New Jobs to Randallstown
- Corner Bakery Cafe To Open July 2
- Illiano's Italian Restaurant Now Open in Quarry Lake
- Dougie's Dishes Up Unique Barbecue Options
A mortgage fraud case was among the most-read stories of the year on Pikesville Patch.
From a double-homicide to purse snatchings, Pikesville Patch was there, bringing you incomparable police and crime coverage:
- 2 Found Dead in Pikesville Home
- Man Jumps Off Southbound I-95 Bridge
- Police Identify Grandson of Couple Found Dead Monday
- Police: Grandson Suspected in Double Homicide, Found in Oklahoma
- Three-Car Crash Kills Two in Randallstown Tuesday
- Police Identify Woman Killed in Head-on Collision
- Pikesville Man Charged in Parking Lot Purse Snatchings
- PNC Bank at Giant Food Robbed Tuesday Afternoon
- McDonogh Swimmer Dies after Monday Night Crash
- Man Arrested in Pikesville for Alleged Indecent Exposure
A house fire in Grey Rock was visible from the Festival at Woodholme, and readers were interested in the story.
Readers submitted a variety of photos throughout the year:
Storms caught readers' attention:
- Power Still Out Throughout Pikesville Area
- PHOTOS: Hurricane Sandy in Pikesville
- Your 'Frankenstorm' Dashboard: Track Hurricane Sandy
And the winning Mega Millions lottery ticket got national, and local attention for a 7-Eleven in Milford Mill.
- Milford Mill 7-Eleven Sells Record Mega Millions Winner
- Residents: Mega Millions Lottery an 'Opportunity,' 'Miracle'
Finally, readers elected an honorary mayor of Pikesville Patch. Who will run win in 2013? Who do you think will win?