Dryer Fire Interrupts Businesses at Greenspring Shopping Center
An afternoon fire took hold Monday at Village Cleaners.
The fire began in the dry cleaning business, likely in a dryer, according to security guard Ron Matthias.
At 3:30 p.m., the fire was out, but firefighters were checking the roof and the business, as well as The Hair Cuttery next door.
Two salon customers were seen outside the salon, having been evacuated mid-style or mid-wash.
Industrial fans were aimed inside both businesses because of smoke.
Fire officials were not available at the scene to discuss the incident.
Stay with Patch for updates