BITES NEARBY: Mimi's Serves Mediterranean Fare with Flair
Sample gyros and kebabs to step comfortably outside normal food choices, or stay with classic pasta and pizza.
You could stand on a street corner and look around until a restaurant sign draws you in. But we've got a better idea. Each week, Pikesville Patch picks a great restaurant either in town or nearby that is worth checking out. Here's this week's choice: Mimi's Mediterranean Grille & Carry-Out.
There's something unassuming about this restaurant's authentic, retro interior and mirrored walls that just doesn't match the fresh, uncomplicated and unprocessed, high-quality Mediterranean cuisine it serves. It offers chicken cooked in a wood brick oven, as well as grilled items.
Burgers, pizza, kabobs, gyros, pizzas, salads with meat, vegetarian salads, calzones and pastas are all on the menu. According to staff members, this restaurant does its big business in the take-out arena, delivering within a two-mile radius of the restaurant, located at 2823 Smith Avenue near Greenspring Avenue.
Open daily for lunch and dinner—even late dinner; Mon.-Sat. 11 a.m.-11 p.m.; Sun. noon-10 p.m. Prices are $6.95 to $16.95 for sandwiches to entrees.
"Meet Me at Mimi's" menu includes:
- Fancy Mushroom Ravioli, topped with herbs and blackened creole sauce, $11.95
- Stuffed Flounder with Crab Meat, served with Oriental rice and house salad, $14.95
- Baby Beef Liver, sauteed with lots of onions, served with house salad and rice, $11.95
- Grilled Salmon Filet, charbroiled salmon topped with roasted vegetables over lettuce, $11.95
- RECOMMENDED: 1/2 Fire Roasted Chicken, which includes a half chicken served with rice and house salad. I have had this meal and absolutely loved it. Everything on the plate was healthy, the chicken was tender and well-seasoned; a real home-cooked-type meal, $11.95
- Crab Meat and Broccoli, cooked with tomato sauce, broccoli and garlic over bow tie pasta, $14.95